Different problems require different solutions. That’s why we have a range of services, expertise and tools to help you every step of the way
Integrated Municipal Engineering
The whole is greater than the sum of it’s parts. When it comes to designing and implementing projects, it’s important to understand the full picture on how it will work for you, but also how it affects everything else in the local system.
How can we help you integrate and increase ROI on your projects?
- Improve O+M efficiency on your environmentally-related operations
- Deliver insight onto the downstream effects of making changes or adding capacity to your municipal systems
- Craft financially and ecologically sound project opportunities to increase your resiliency and capacity to deliver services
Strategic helps develop waste management plans. By reviewing existing infrastructure capacity, we can identify potential engineering solutions to your specific challenges.
How can we improve your waste management strategy?
- Improved lagoon and site operations
- Identification of opportunities to improve efficiency
- Identification of bio-energy supply options for local clientele
Water is an incredibly important resource, and it’s even more important to ensure it’s taken to the intended places, at the right times, and can be tapped when it’s needed. At Strategic, we believe it should be the basis of the commiunity – that’s why we focus on not only flood, but also drought risk and adaptation strategies.
How can we make your community more hydrodynamically resilient?
- Identify ecological and economic risk and opportunity areas for overland and channelized floods
- Identify ecological and economical risk and opportunity areas for acute and chronic drought events
- Design and improve water retention and redirection efforts through nature-based solutions
GIS + Geospatial Analytics
Maps, data and information systems are becoming more ubiquitous and essential to governments across the continent, as well in the insurance, logistics and resource management industries. With the rise of groundbreaking computational power, we can merge these technologies to determine not only the ‘what’ and ‘how’ questions but also the ‘where’.
How do we do it?
- Cutting-edge geospatial cataloging, presentation, analytics and distribution capabilities
- Application of remotely-sensed, engineering, asset and survey data
The future of rural economic development will be centered on smart, rubust and localized energy. We believe in the power and efficacy of bio-based energy sourcing – which has the added benefit of being renewable and dependable.
How can we deliver this to your area?
- Drafting location-allocation feasiliby metrics for bio-energy
- Determining efficient district heating + energy options and configurations
- Exploring options for maximizing feed stock regenration using adaptive natural infrastrcuture
Community Resilience & Economic Development
Part of maintaining a healthy community means continually building and adapting it. Having a Strategic insight into approaching can help you can do just that, in the face of change – and with the effects of climate change.
How can we help you adapt?
- Detailed asset management planning
- Design and optimize natural infrastructure options for climate resilience
Not only are we engineering consultants, we’re also skilled at supplying additional supports to our clients and partners.
How can we shore-up your organization?
- Find grant opportunities that are available to your organization, and help write them
- Create strategic draft plans to work with your priorities, to be better climate-aligned heading forward
- Provide educational content (manuals, videos, workshops) on technical resource management topics, for professional development of your staff